September Archetype Challenge
Design your own Archetype idea that features horn traits. Considerations for your entry:
- Newly released horn traits are recommended, but not required.
- Must consist of traits that already exist in-game.
- Must include at least two suggested traits.
- Can include suggested colors, but doesn’t have to. Color doesn’t count as a trait.
You’re welcome to submit more than one Archetype idea, however, only one may be considered to be a finalist. Ideas will be judged based on originality and creativity rather than artistic ability. During the Contest Period you can favorite ideas you’d like to express support for, but, finalists will be selected by a panel of Judges. Following the Contest Period, finalists will be opened up to community voting for winner selections.
At least 3 winners may be chosen from community voting. At Niantic’s discretion an additional “developer favorite” may be selected as a winner. Winners will have their Keeper Name memorialized in-game when their Archetype idea gets added. Winners will also receive prizes of in-game content of at least $100 USD ARV. Non-winning finalists will receive prizes of in-game content of at least $50 USD ARV.
Entries must follow eligibility criteria outlined in the Challenge Details section as well as the Official Rules to be considered. Submissions must include an Archetype name, description, list of suggested traits and colors, and an image (illustration, Dot card, or reference image) representing the idea.
Show other creators your support by favoriting the ideas you like most. Favorites do not count as votes.
The Contest Period begins at 3:00:00 P.M. Pacific Time (PT) Zone in the United States on September 11, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. PT on September 21, 2023.
Official Rules for this challenge can be found here.
You can submit your idea by clicking the “submit now” button above. You’ll be required to log in using the same login method you use for your Peridot account (Niantic ID).
Submissions must adhere to criteria included in the Challenge Details and requirements in the Official Rules.
Submissions require the following information:
- Archetype Name (ie. Clownfish)
- Brief description of the Archetype to help illustrate your idea
- List of traits and suggested colors that your Archetype idea is composed of
- Image representing your Archetype idea (can be your own illustration, an in-game Dot card, or reference image)
You should consider the following criteria when coming up with your Archetype idea:
- Your idea adheres to the guidelines for the challenge’s theme (ie. uses theme’s required trait(s)) as outlined in the Challenge Details.
- Your idea consists of traits that already exist in-game. No exceptions will be made.
- Your idea includes at least two traits. There’s no maximum trait requirement, but you should think of how easy or challenging it might be for a player to achieve your Archetype.
- Your idea can include suggested colors, but doesn’t have to. Colors do not count as a trait.
You’re welcome to submit multiple ideas to this challenge, however, only one idea may be eligible to be considered as a finalist.
Yes! You’re welcome to participate even if you were a winner or finalist in a previous Peridot Archetype Challenge.
Yes! You’re welcome to submit ideas you submitted in a previous Peridot Archetype Challenge. That said, please ensure that your idea adheres to the eligibility criteria of this challenge.
Finalists are selected by a panel of Judges who vet ideas based on a variety of criteria including originality, creativity, and feasibility of in-game implementation. Although your idea might have a lot of community support there’s no guarantee it will be selected as a finalist.
Not all participants may receive a prize. After the Contest Period, a group of finalists will be selected by a panel of Judges. Finalists will then be open to community voting where winners will be selected. At Niantic’s discretion, an additional “developer favorite” may be chosen from the finalists to be included as a winner.
Winners will have their Keeper Name memorialized in-game when their Archetype idea gets added. Winners will also receive prizes of in-game content of at least $100 USD ARV.
Non-winning Finalist Prizes
Non-winning finalists will receive prizes of in-game content of at least $50 USD ARV.
Winners will be contacted soon after the voting period closes and at that time may need to provide additional information. It can take several weeks for winner prizes to be distributed and for winning Archetype ideas to appear in-game.
Not necessarily. We look at a variety of factors when introducing new Archetypes and may make some adjustments or modifications to them when implementing them in-game. Where possible we try our best to stay true to the original inspiration of the idea.