Making Hatching even more fun!
We’re excited to share some additional updates and improvements we’re making to the hatching experience. As you may remember, in August we released some updates to simplify hatching – these adjustments were made to help bring more delight to this beloved aspect of the Peridot experience. We also understand that these updates had an impact on the way some of you had been enjoying Peridot – which is why we’ve been focused on continued iterations to this part of the game.
We’d like to share some of these changes with you, that will be coming to the game starting today:
- Wild Dots
- We’re bringing Wild Dots back to the game permanently. As you explore your neighborhoods you’ll be able to discover a wider variety of Dots around you.
- You’ll still be able to encounter an even more exciting and rarer selection of Wild Dots during various in-game events including Wild Dot Wednesdays, Community Days, and week-long events.
- To improve the experience for players in rural areas and those with limited mobility, we’re increasing the proximity of hatching with Dots that are at Habitats, even if you’re not immediately within range of that Habitat. If you can see a Habitat from your map view, you’ll now be able to hatch with Dots within that Habitat.
- Wild Dots will now be featured in the Visitor Dots section.
- Hatching Costs
- We’re making adjustments to hatching multipliers so that hatching costs will be more predictable and easier to understand. These costs may vary depending on where you’re initiating the hatch from.
- Habitat hatches
- If you’re within immediate proximity of the Habitat, hatches will be the baseline cost.
- If you’re hatching from a Habitat remotely, hatches will be double the baseline cost.
- Friend hatches
- If you’re within immediate proximity of your friend, hatches will be the baseline cost.
- If you’re hatching with a friend remotely, hatches will be double the baseline cost.
- Visitor Dot hatches
- If you’re hatching with Dots in the Visitor Dots section, hatches will be double the baseline cost.
We hope you enjoy these changes and can’t wait to bring even more delightful updates to the game over time.
–The Peridot team